State and Federal Tax Lawyers in New Jersey
If you own or operate a business in New Jersey, you need tax counsel experienced with the intricacies of state and federal tax codes and regulations. The purchase and sale of businesses and business assets, the tax implications of mergers and acquisitions, employee compensation benefits, and general business planning . . . all require a singular knowledge of the application of the tax laws to business and commercial matters.
If your business needs legal advice on tax matters, we can help. Contact us to schedule a consultation.
Business and Real Estate Transactions, Estate and Business Succession Planning
The federal and state tax counsel provided by the New Jersey law firm of Witman Stadtmauer, P.A., focuses on business and real estate transactions, estate and business succession planning, and representation in tax disputes.
Representing New York and New Jersey Companies in Tax Law Matters
Many of our clients are New York and New Jersey closely-held companies. We are particularly skilled in providing the tax advice these companies require. We represent tax clients throughout New Jersey, New York, and Florida.
Our tax practice also includes:
- Tax planning for new and existing limited liability companies and partnerships, C corporations, S corporations, professional corporations, general partnerships, sole proprietorships, and joint ventures
- Business transactions of all kinds, including partnerships, mergers, acquisitions, buy-outs, and corporate reorganizations and restructurings as they relate to taxes
- Real estate transactions, including tax-free or 1031 exchanges
- Tax controversies, including those involving federal and state tax audits and withholding sales tax and responsible party issues
- Estate and business succession planning
- IRS rulings
- Employee compensation and benefits planning
If you need sophisticated legal counsel in federal and state tax matters, contact the taxation lawyers at Witman Stadtmauer, P.A. in Florham for a consultation.