Estate Planning, Business Succession Planning and Elder Law Attorneys
Estate and Business Succession Planning Lawyers
If you have built significant wealth, you want to protect your assets during your life and minimize the loss of value upon transfer to your children or other heirs. If you have established a successful family-run business, you want to use every means at your disposal to ensure that the business and business assets transfer to successive generations.
At the law firm of Witman Stadtmauer, P.A., our attorneys provide sophisticated estate planning services in conjunction with our business law practice, compensation and benefit planning and tax practice. We represent estate planning clients throughout the New Jersey and New York metropolitan area as well as Florida.
Our experienced attorneys provide legal counsel and review and draft all documents necessary to implement a well-designed estate plan including:
- Simple and complex wills
- Revocable and irrevocable trusts
- Special Needs Trusts
- Preservation Trusts
- Generation-Skipping trusts
- Charitable foundations and trusts
- Powers of Attorney
- Advance Directives for Health Care/Living Wills
- Business succession documents including shareholder agreements, operating agreements, insurance trusts
- Retirement asset distribution We apply our extensive knowledge of tax laws and regulations to our estate planning practice, helping ensure that assets transfer with minimal estate and inheritance tax burdens. We will work closely with your accountant, insurance agent and/or financial advisor to accomplish your goals.
New Jersey Elder Law Attorneys
Our attorneys handle a range of issues for elderly individuals who have specialized legal needs related to a medical illness or disability. Long term health care can have a devastating effect on family finances. Many families in New York and New Jersey fail to realize that the law lets them arrange their finances so that they don’t have to spend all of their money on long-term health care. We handle all aspects of planning for older and disabled persons, including preparing for catastrophic illness and dealing with elder law issues.
Our elder law practice includes the following:
- Asset protection planning
- Conservatorship and guardianship
- Health and life insurance planning
- Medicaid planning
- Long-term health care planning
- Special/Supplemental needs trusts
Contact the attorneys at Witman Stadtmauer, P.A. to schedule a confidential consultation.